Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Okay I re-vamping my site to explain myself and get moving on need projects for I below ground productions- so here goes:
My name is Charles Patrick Jackson and I am a backward thinker. Or a better term parallel path thinker... I believe there is more than one path to the same answer. There is a classical front door path and many other ways to find your solution to a problem. While, some paths are just incorrect; there are others than that can yield equal (if not better creative) solutions to the same problem. Sometimes there are not problems at all- just challenges and objectives to a goal that need simplifying or completing.
In short for my blog my goal is to create my own 3d comic that have some interesting challenges and objectives that could lead to more problems solve for I below ground Productions LLC. My objectives, to complete along the way, are to learn and use Blender 3d for modeling, blocking characters and scenes, and compositing, - maybe Lightwave for final render tasks, and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for final layout and lettering... during this journey my other goals are to become a certified Blender trainer that could potentially teach at the junior college level...
I have always been a fan of comics and animation production and am aware of the trends to pursue 3d software as a way to tell a story. I have toured the comic scene for 10 years as a cartoonist exploring digital media and have picked up that 3d- digital can be placed and in a 2d-format- so I wish to marry the two in a comic experience..
The bigger question is why use Blender as a base- Poser is being used currently in comics, 3Ds max is easier to use and more powerful, Maya is more elegant and again more powerful, Lightwave is more powerful but has a steeper learning curve. There also is Soft Image.... Noted-.. but as an independent producer I have always strived for the cheaper solution as I move forward even if may note be the best. Blender fits the bill as free, and Lightwave cost more than poser but is also a full animation suite- at $800 dollars.- I want the flexibility to go in animation if necessary.
Okay next question- why blog about the project... answer- although Blender-3d is Free to the user. There is a large learning curve to perfect procedures for production and a constant change in versions of Blender-3d coming out to meet the demands of its users. So I need feedback of the community of users. I would like to see if there are other paths to solutions that I am looking for. And there are some potential tutorials I can do when I learn something new doing production processes... So as well as taking from the community; I can contribute ...
So, as I complete different aspects of the project- I will ask for comments from the community, critiques on my methods, and different ways to attack a issue I have. I will also work a way to do tutorials of my process that I find out that works for Comic production and hopefully at the launch of the finish project I will also have enough street credits to be a certified Blender user..... ciao

No comments: